Friday mornings at Sanderson just got better

Fall Fridays mean football, but here at Sanderson, you don’t have to wait until after school to get excited for the game. On select mornings, Spartan Fridays are held in the courtyard before school. Themed t-shirts are sold to raise money for school activities while the band plays and Executive Council gives out donuts.

This year, Sanderson has had a few home football games, but Spartan Fridays never fail to give students a taste of that SHS spirit. Sophomore Henry Puckett stated, “My favorite part about Spartan Fridays are the t-shirts. Exec always comes up with great ideas that the students love.”

The students who gather in the courtyard resemble a big family, all excited to come out and support the Spartans. The most important Fridays are the ones benefitting the Food Drive. Since football and the Food Drive are cornerstones for the Sanderson fall experience, it is natural to have Spartan Fridays supporting both.

“The energy that students have so early in the morning is crazy when you give them something to be excited about,” senior Allison Borter stated. Sometimes it can be really difficult to engage everyone in a fun manner, but Spartan Fridays manage to do just that.

The upcoming Spartan Fridays are October 6 and October 27. Make sure you come out and support your Sanderson Spartans!